I’ve had summer on the brain lately, just take a look at the newest posts, you’re bound to find the word “summer” in each one. It’s not a bad thing since we’re facing some high temperatures. I adore articles that focus on current weather and what to wear, things to do, etc. While I was doing a bit of summer cleaning in my closet; deciding on what items to take to Goodwill, a thought hit me. “What type of shoes do I wear the most during the summer?” That question quickly turned into a post, which turned into me acting like a The Coveteur photographer. It was actually a lot of fun figuring out angles and the best lighting to capture the details of each shoe. Enjoy!
These 6 styles are more than likely nestled in your closet right now, which is always a plus. I don’t know about you, but traveling during the warm months is one of my favorite things to do, which requires money (in most cases); shopping your closet is the best way to save a little dough for traveling and rekindle the flame of love you had for various articles of clothing AND shoes when you first purchased them. I always have those “I forgot how great I looked in…” when I shop my closet, hopefully you will too.
1. Wedge heels They’re comfortable and look phenomenal with shorts, maxi dresses, rompers… A ton of summer silhouette favorites. It’s one of those shoe styles that have a chameleon quality, they can adapt to almost any look and blend in flawlessly.
2. Cute Flats Easy to slip in and out of and great for poolside action. Sometimes (most times) I just slip into my flats and go. Cute flats and ankle-skimming maxis just breathe summer.
3. Open-toe Stiletto This style is definitely a staple piece, but it gets most of its mileage during the warm months. Nothing like slipping into a sexy pair of open-toe stilettos, showing off your fresh pedicure and giving your calves and booty that extra oomph (don’t act like you don’t know what I’m talking about). Men love to see ladies in stilettos, it’s a fact!
4. Low-cut Sneakers Ankle socks, leg baring bottoms, breezy tops, sunnies and sunscreen. The best outfit recipe for summer fun. For some reason my adventurous side appears when it gets warm; I want to go bike riding, swing hopping, theme park traipsing or just about anything that requires a little moving and shaking. This style allows any wearer to do all of those things and more, comfortably, without losing style cool points (I love Beyonce, but she looked uncomfortable and a bit stuffy walking around Disney World in heels).
5. Nude Heels This color goes with EVERYTHING! Want to create Joan Smalls or Cameron Diaz legs? Nude shoes are your magic wand. The color forces onlookers to focus on your legs, versus the shoe. Think of it as an illusion, shoes are on but are pretty much unnoticeable.
6. Statement Shoe This is quite possibly my favorite style in the bunch! We all love to wear stop-and-stare shoes. Colorful, embellished, intricate designs… The statement shoe comes in all shapes and forms, which makes this an easy style to add (if you don’t already own a pair) to your shoe arsenal. Go ahead, have fun with your footwear, make them stop-and-stare!
Those are my 6 Styles, they may not be on your list, but they definitely should be. Do you have any styles that you love to slip into when it’s summertime? Share.